Construction learning centre
In the construction centre children develop a sense of independence, satisfaction and pride as they construct their own work and use their imagination to create something special. Different blocks can be used in many different ways as creative problem solving skills are developed as they explore balance and movement and learn numeracy concepts such as size, colour, and shapes.
Construction Centre develops
- Social and emotional skills as children learn to share equipment and work together in a group as decision making skills will be used.
- Hand and eye coordination
- Feeling of achievement, pride and satisfaction as children can construct and destroy their own work.
- Numeracy concepts are introduced (size, shape, colour)
- Spatial awareness
- The development of motor skills such as upper body strength, balance and coordination and various hand grips e.g. pincer grip.
- Ability to stay focused on an activity for a certain amount of time.
- Language development as children discuss their creations
- Can work together as a group or on their own