When will Evergreen Early Education Centre open?
We are excited to announce that our first Centre located in St Marys is now open! To keep up to date with current information about Evergreen, join our mailing list now!
What are the Centre operating hours?
We are open Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
52 weeks a year
7.00am to 6.00pm – All the convenience of Long Day Care hours with a preschool program embracing the Early Years Learning Framework.
The Centre boasts three rooms which promote a spacious, warm and inviting environment for all our children at the Centre. Our rooms have been designed to cater for smaller group sizes, which are appropriately programmed for.
The rooms offered are as follows:
- Nursery (0 to 2 years)
- Early Learners (2 to 3 years)
- Preschool (3 to 5 years)
What does Evergreen provide?
- We open 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year (excluding Public Holidays)
- We open 7.00am and close at 6.00pm
- Education and Care for children aged 0 to 6 years old
- Located close to public transport, local schools and local shops
- Children’s hats, sunscreen and bed linen
- Nappies and wipes. We also assist with toilet training when your child is ready.
- All meals are provided
- CCTV security
- Security swipe tag access system
- Onsite parent car park and pram parking available at the centre
- A tailored Curriculum that provides specialised programs that will deliver experiences which are challenging, stimulating and full of discovery
Are meals prepared onsite?
- All meals are prepared onsite in our commercial grade kitchen by our amazing chef. This includes Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Late Snack (Refreshments provided throughout the day: Milk and Water).
- Based on a 4 week cycle, our menu is developed under the nutritional guidelines for menu planning for children aged 0 to 6 years.
- Specially designed menu for vegetarians, children with allergies and religious beliefs.
- We are a ‘Nut Free’ Centre (some items of food may contain ‘nut traces’)
- The children also participate in cooking activities where they can enjoy what they made during their time at the centre or to take home to share. (Please note: children’s allergies are always a first priority when the educators plan the cooking learning experiences for the children)
What are the daily fees for my child to attend Evergreen EEC?
For more information about the daily rate of fees and for an estimated quote after your CCB has been applied please contact us on 1300 EVRGRN (1300 387 476)
What is the criteria to be eligible for Child Care Benefit?
To be eligible for Child Care Benefit you need to meet all of the following:
- use approved or registered child care
- you are responsible for paying the child care fees for your child
- your child is immunised, on an immunisation catch up schedule, or is exempt from the immunisation requirements
- meet the residency requirements
Please note: To receive more than a zero rate of Child Care Benefit you must meet the income test
What is the criteria to be eligible for Child Care Rebate?
You may be eligible for Child Care Rebate if:
- you use a Child Care Benefit approved child care service
- you are eligible for Child Care Benefit, even if you earn too much to receive payment, and
- you and your partner meet the Work, Training, Study test or are exempt from it
The amount of Child Care Rebate is based on 50% of your out of pocket expenses.
- The maximum amount of Child Care Rebate you can get is $7,500 per child per year. The maximum amount payable is called the cap amount.
How can I get more information about the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and/or Child Care Rebate (CCR)?
For more information about the Child Care Benefit or Child Care Rebate you can visit the Department of Human Services
website or contact Centrelink on 136 150
Is Evergreen a SunSmart Centre?
- Yes, Evergreen is a SunSmart Centre, we will provide sunscreen for your child which will be applied before any outdoor activities take place.
- Children’s sun safe hats are also provided by the centre
- Educators access the Cancer Council SunSmart UV App to ensure children are participating in outdoor play during the appropriate times of the day. The SunSmart App features: Sun protection times, Sunscreen calculator and a 7 day weather forecast to assist educators when planning outdoor activities.
- Parents are welcome to provide their own sunscreen if their child has a known allergy to certain creams.
What forms do I have to complete and provide to the Centre Manager for my child to be enrolled at Evergreen EEC?
Before your child’s first official day at Evergreen it is essential that all documentation:
- 1. Enrolment form,
- 2. Immunisation (Blue Book),
- 3. Birth Certificate,
- 4. Direct Debt form
- 5. ‘All About Me’ form (Child Profile)
- 6. Any additional information e.g. Allergy Action Plans, Dietary requirements, special comfort items etc.
has been completed/discussed/handed into the Centre Manager.
It is important that you allow the Centre Manager and Educators time to prepare for your child’s first day. This will ensure your child and yourself will settle into our Centre smoothly.
Does my child have to attend orientation days before they start at Evergreen EEC?
- We highly recommend that your child attends a minimum of three short orientation visits. This will allow you and your child the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the daily routine and activities, of the Centre.
- During each orientation visit the room leader and Educators will follow a guide designed to ensure nothing has been missed and all areas have been covered e.g. lockers, sign in/out, communication charts, bathrooms, menu etc.
- This gives you an opportunity to use this time to ask any additional questions or request more written information about the Centre if required.
What do I have to bring on the days my child attends the Evergreen Centre?
- A clearly labelled bag that is large enough to hold your child’s belongings
- Sterilised bottles, clearly labelled and formula (Evergreen does provide cow’s milk)
- Dummy which is placed in a labelled container
- Change of clothing – each item of clothing to be clearly labelled
- Any comforters that your child might like to have whilst in care e.g. blanky, teddy etc.
- Evergreen has dedicated water stations in each room and outdoor play areas – if you prefer to send your child to care with a water bottle please ensure the water bottle is clearly labelled.
- Family photo
- If your child has an allergy you are required to bring the medication indicated on your child’s Health Management Plan e.g. asthma puffer, epipen, medication etc.
(Health Management Plans are to be discussed with the Centre Manager during the enrolment process. All medications brought into the centre must have a pharmacy label with your child’s name and directions in order to be accepted by the Educators)
Can I visit my child throughout the day?
Evergreen EEC has an Open Door Policy
which means parents, family and community members are welcome to participate at our centre and in our programs at any time. An Open Door Policy means exactly that – our doors are open at all times for others to participate in and enrich our programs.